Wednesday 10 June 2020

WHAT MAKES SHEEP LIE DOWN

 
 
 
 
 
Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ! Here is the word for your meditation and prayer! I continue to share the word about the Good Shepherd. The Bible  says, " O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand ......." ( Psalm 95:6-7) The title of my message is:" WHAT MAKES SHEEP LIE DOWN?"
 
In the word of God, His people are called sheep. Jesus describes us as " sheep without a shepherd". It is important to understand the life and behaviour of the sheep in order to lead them effectively. You must see yourself as a sheep in relation to God and in relation to your pastor. You must also see your church members as sheep in order to understand them better. In the twenty - third  Psalm we see how David describes the life of a sheep from his own experience as a shepherd.
 
This vivid description of " sheep life" comes from the mouth of an experienced Israelite shepherd who pictures himself as God's  own sheep.                               
BECAUSE THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD, I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED!                   
Psalms 23:1-6 says, "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."            
 
I was excited to discover many similar parallels in the life of a sheep as revealed by one morden - day shepherd, who kept sheep for many years. He had the practical experience of shepherding in the morden context and gives amazing confirmation to the revelation of Psalm 23.
 
I am sure if you once stayed in the village like me, you may have had the fisrt hand experience of shepherding the sheep as well.
And you may have noticed the difference in behaviour between sheep and the goats.                                 
 
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. ( Psalm 23:1-2).                   
Sheep lie down only under certain circumstances. You must be able  to make the sheep in your church lie down and stay with you. You must stabilize the frigtened sheep and keep people in a family around you. From my own experience as well I want to share few things that will make sheep lie down. Each one of the four  points below reveals why some people cannot stay in a church.                  
 
Tension with other members, fear, demonic attacks  and lack of good  food from the pulpit are all reasons why sheep do not settle down in churches.                               
1.SHEEP WILL LIE DOWN WHEN THEY ARE FREE FROM FEAR:                 Owing to their timidity they refuse to lie down unless they are free from all fear. Sheep are so timid and easily panic, that even a stray jackrabbit suddenly bounding from behind a bush can stampede the whole flock.
 
When one startled sheep runs in fright a dozen others will bolt with it in blind fear, not waiting  to see what frightened  them.                      
2.SHEEP WILL LIE DOWN WHEN THERE IS NO TENSION WITH OTHERS OF THEIR KIND:      
 
Because of the social behavior within a flock, sheep will not lie down unless they are free from friction with others of their kind.                                
3.SHEEP WILL LIE DOWN WHEN THEY ARE NOT TORMENTED BY FLIES OR PARASITES:  If tormented by flies or parasites sheep will not lie down. Only when free from these pests can they relax.                             
 
4.SHEEP WILL LIE DOWN WHEN THEY ARE FREE  FROM HUNGER: Sheep will not lie down as long as they feel in need of finding food. They must be free from hunger. To be at rest there must be a definite sense of freedom from fear, tension, aggravations and hunger.
 
It is evident here from the above explanations that sheep will not easily lie down unless they are satisfied in many areas of their lives. It is the same with the body of Christ, the shepherd has to lead his sheep to green pastures and make sure that they have enough spiritual food, which is the word of God with power and deep revelation. ( 1 Corinthians 2:1-4, 1 Corinthians 4:20, Luke 5:4, Matthew 4:4, John 6:35, Joshua 1:8).
 
From what I have just shared above you know your position in the Lord, as a sheep or shepherd. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who knows all our needs and disires, as a body of Christ.
Whatever, has been worrying and troubling you, just commit it to the Lord in prayer and the Lord will meet you at the point of all your needs. ( Psalm 37:4-5, Psalm 20:4-7)
 
Be delivered and set free right now from the spirit of fear, demonic attacks and sickness, in the name of Jesus Christ- Amen!
 
May God richly bless you all!                          
 
Evangelist  Fanuel Masikati              
Email:divinerevelations7@gmail.com
Cell: 263778495363
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment