Monday 1 February 2021

JELOUSY AND ENVY CAN STEAL YOUR JOY

Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ   Here is the word for your meditation and prayer this morning! I am delighted to share the word of life at such a time as this. The title of my message is:"JELOUSY AND ENVY CAN STEAL YOUR JOY" Never compare yourself with anyone else because it invites covetousness, jelousy, and envy. This is one of God's commandments in the Bible. The Amplified Bible  in Exodus 20:17 says,
[17]"You shall not covet your neighbor's house, your neighbor's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's. [Luke 12:15; Col. 3:5.]" Coveting what others have is a big, big reason why people lose their joy. God wants His children to learn to love their own houses, their own spouses, their own gifts and abilities, their own positions and possessions - not someone's. " I wish I had her life."  " I wish I had his car." " I wish I had their children." " I wish I had a musical gift so I could be a worship leader and travel with a large ministry."  "I wish I was in a position of leadership where I could be the boss." Does the commandment mentioned above, mean that it is wrong for us to want to have the same kinds of things other people have? No, there is nothing wrong with that. But we should never want what someone else has to the point that we become envious and jelous.These negative emotions poison our own lives and  hinder loving relationships with others.     The Bible in Colossians 3:5-10 also says, "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:" I try to refrain from looking at people and thinking things like, I wish I looked like him. I wish I had his beard. Don't compare yourself with other people, because comparison invites jelous and envy. You are unique and special as you are. Love and appreciate  yourself, as you were fearfully and wonderfully made.(Psalm 139:14) The other kind of jelousy is found in the story of Joseph's coat, which was a special gift from his loving father, Israel ( Jacob). The coat was very beautiful, and all Joseph's brothers were jelous of it. In fact, the Bible says that they hated him so much because of it, they planned to kill him. But then they decided to sell him into slavery. That is one of the more extreme  results of jelousy, but it serves to remind us of how dangerous jelousy can be.( Genesis 37:3-27). I encourage you to stop comparing yourself with other people  in regard to how you look, what position you occupy, or anything else they have that you don't. Comparison only thwarts God's working in your life. The Bible also says," So get rid of your feelings of hatred. Don't just pretend to be good! Be done with dishonesty and jelousy and talking about others behind their backs." ( 1 Peter 2:1) So backbiting is also fueled by jelous, hatred and envy. Be yourself and love who you are, and what you are. Stop comparing yourself with orher people, because there will never be someone like you and therefore love yourself as you are.

May God bless you!                 

Evangelist Fanuel Masikati

Contact cell:+263778495363                

Email: divinerevelations7@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment